Saturday, September 19, 2009

Psalm 32???

I try to use scripture references a lot around the house, especially when disciplining the kids.  I use Ephesians 6:1 ("Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.") on MANY occasions.  Mallory has been listening and must be catching on!  Tonight after being warned numerous times that she was going to fall if she didn't sit still, she fell out of her chair.  She wasn't injured - not even a little bit.  It was her feelings that were hurt more than anything.  I didn't rush over to her as I usually do.  Instead, I told her I didn't feel very sorry for her because she had been warned that that was going to happen.  With tears streaming down her face here's what she said...

"Mommy, did you know that Psalm 32 in the Bible says that mommys are supposed to love on their children when they get hurt?"  I told her I didn't realize that's what that verse said!!!  But, I immediately cuddled her up and reminded her that the Bible says, "Children are to obey their parents in the Lord, for this is right!"  :-)

And as a sidenote - I looked up Psalm 32 and found that verse 8 says, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go."  How fitting!!!  Coincidence???  Not a chance!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails