Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday

Today was a great day!  I took Mallory a Sonic kids meal for lunch today and got to spend her lunch time with her.  Afterwards, I worked on getting all the posters and red ribbons ready for Red Ribbon Week.  In case you're wondering, red ribbon week is one week during the school year dedicated to teaching children about the dangers of drugs.  The kids wear red ribbons and vow to stay drug free! 

Each day has a different theme and the kids get to dress up to match the theme.  Monday's theme is Texans Give Drugs the Boot - the kids will wear cowboy boots, jeans, and cowboy hats.  Tuesday is camouflage day for Don't Let Drugs Find You.  Wednesday the kids will dress in orange for "Orange" you glad to be drug free.  Thursday's theme is Team Up Against Drugs and the kids can wear their favorite team jersey or t-shirt.  And finally, on Friday, all the kids will wear red to show they are "RED-y to live drug free and make a difference".  Doesn't that all sound like fun!?!?

Back to today... I had lunch with my mom and dad.  It's such a blessing to get to have lunch with them everyday!  Then, Mama and I ran a few errands and shopped at Hobby Lobby.  After picking Mallory up from school, I got a few more bows made before Mallory and I had to head out for church tonight.  My bow count is up to 53.  :-)  Gotta have 100 by next Wednesday night.  I can do it!  :-)  Once they are all done, my plan is to open my online shop.  I'm really looking forward to that and can't wait to get it up and going.

Make sure you've entered my Misikko giveaway!!!  It ends Sunday night!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails