Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1st Day of School

Yesterday marked the end of our baby days and a brand new beginning for me and Mallory.  My baby girl is now a kindergartener!!!  It's unbelievable to me that only 5 short years ago I was holding her in my arms for the very first time.  She is growing into a precious little girl and I am so proud of her.  Yesterday was a day filled with excitement and anxiety for her and lots of tears for me.  But, we both made it through!  At the end of the day, Mallory ran to me and was so excited!  She loved her school, her teacher, and had already made some new friends.  Her enthusiasm helped me with my fears and anxiety tremendously.  I am confident that her teacher will take care of her, but more importantly I am assured that God is with her even though I cannot be.  He is in control and she will be ok.

Last week, Mallory and I went to the James Avery jewelry store.  I bought both of us matching silver heart charms.  Every day Mallory and I will wear our charms on our necklaces and be reminded of how much we love each other.  She's wearing her charm on the same chain with the angel charm Nana gave her for Christmas.  That way she can be reminded that I love her and she's Nana's little angel.  :-)  The first day of school, Mallory didn't think about her necklace, but today she told me she held on to it at one time when she was a little afraid and said to herself, "Mommy loves me. Mommy loves me.  Nana loves me.  Nana loves me."  That was precious to me today.  I have told her over and over that Mommy won't be able to be with her at school, but that God is with her at all times.  It was a wonderful teaching opportunity for me and she knows that she can call on God at any time and that He is always with her.  Thank you, Lord, for blessing us with two wonderful days of school!

Here are a few pics of Mallory's 1st day...

Nana made her precious zebra print outfit.  And of course little brother just had to be in the picture, paci and all!

I made her backpack and we got her little lunch box at Canton.

Mallory with Mrs. Frazier

Beginning her day with a coloring page.

Saying the Pledge of Allegiance for the 1st time at school.

Circle time! 

It was a great first day!  I'm just thankful I don't have to have another "1st day of kindergarten" for 4 more years!!!  Whew!!!

3 comments:

Melanie from The Pigg Pen said...

Precious pictures of your Kindergartener! Glad she had another good day today. I LOVE the story of her charm necklace...so sweet! Jack looks like her personal bodyguard in that picture...so funny! Glad to hear they still recite the Pledge of Allegiance. That's wonderful!

Debra @ A Frugal Friend said...

What a big day for both of you! :-)

Shelly said...

How fun! Kindergarten!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails