Saturday, May 15, 2010

Then Sings My Soul Saturday

For those of you who know me personally, you know how much music means to me. I love to sing, but not just any songs. I love to sing praises to my God and my King. My favorite songs are the old, classic hymns that I grew up singing in church every Sunday morning and that my mama sang to me as she rocked me as a baby and that she sang to me in the car as we drove. It's those same hymns that I am drawn to daily. They remind me of my Christian upbringing, my faith, my Creator, my Savior, my Protector, my Comforter, and my Friend...Jesus. So, it's a joy to join Amy at Signs, Miracles, and Wonders blog for Then Sings My Soul Saturday!


There are so many wonderful songs I could share with you, but today this song, especially the chorus, has played over and over in my mind. Sometimes in our fast-paced, daily lives, we hustle here and there and never really take time to be still. It's such a blessing to be quiet and still before the Lord and simply listen to Him and praise Him for who He is. Psalm 46:10 says, "Be still, and know that I am God."



6 comments:

Unknown said...

As I was reading I was reminded of the song by Gold City, "somebody Sing Me a Gospel Song". If all I could listen to was something other than the old gospel songs, then I think I would rather not listen. Their is something about the old hymns and gospel music that speaks a message to my heart that most sermons cannot deliver.
Have a blessed day!

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing this song. I had never heard it before. Leah and I loved listening to it while I was cleaning the kitchen this morning. What a great way to start the day!

Momrempel said...

This is one of my favorite songs, thank you for sharing! I am now following you from TSMSS. Have a very blessed weekend!

http://therempels4.blogspot.com

Mocha with Linda said...

Thanks for sharing. Music speaks to me like nothing else!

annies home said...

hillsong is wonderful and this song speaks volumes

Beth Zimmerman said...

What a beautiful song! Thank you for sharing! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails