Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Proverbs 16:9...

...says, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."  This verse became so real to me this week.  I met someone....

on the internet...

and God intended for it to happen...

just as it did!

Isn't it amazing how God puts people in your path and sometimes you don't even realize why?  Well, this time, I know why!  Remember when I told you I had a Cricut Expression for sale?  Well, I tried umpteen different ways to sell it and was getting nowhere!  My last resort was ebay.  But, it didn't sell there either!!!  However, 1 certain person saw it on ebay and decided to bid on it.  This person also emailed me to let me know they were interested in it after the auction was over if it didn't sell.  And, when the auction ended and it hadn't reached my reserve price, I emailed this person to let them know I was ready to work with them. 

I ended up striking up a conversation with this person and during the course of our communication back and forth, I found out that this person is a Christian.  And, not only is he a Christian, he is the Worship Leader for his church in Georgia!!  We made a connection right away since I sing and am a member of my choir and praise team ministry.  He was buying this Cricut for his wife (of 27 years!) as a valentine's present!! 

Long story a little shorter, he shared a lot about what is going on in his church right now - the good and the not-so-good.  We ended up sharing scriptures and God allowed me to encourage him in his ministry!  It was SO neat to see how God worked out all the details and timing.  I am so blessed to have been able to be used by God and actually see His hand at work!

I packaged the Cricut and took it to UPS to be shipped today.  This will probably be my last time I hear from this individual, but as he said in his email to me,


"I believe that God directs every step of our lives if we let Him (Prov. 3:5-6). I think God allowed me to see your cricut machine on ebay not only for Renee’s V Day gift (that’s my wife) but so you could encourage me. I have been encouraged so much by your words. How interesting…a total stranger by physical standards but a shared kindred spirit via e-mail…that’s a God thing!!!!  Thank you, my sister in Christ. I may never meet you in person on this side of eternity but we’ll meet when we get home."

I have thanked the Lord for this wonderful opportunity to share the blessings He has given me and to be an encourager this week.  What an amzing gift.  If you happen to be reading this, say a prayer for Jeff and his church.  It would really mean a lot to me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails