Monday, January 4, 2010

Shopping Fun & A Beautiful Nativity

Right before Christmas my Daddy had a business meeting in Longview.  He knew it wouldn't last very long, so he thought it might be fun if my mom, the kids, and I tagged along.  He knows how much we love to shop!!!  We decided to leave early that morning and drive to Shreveport.  We'd heard that The Boardwalk was a really fun place to shop.  We ate at the Fuddruckers - always SO good!  And, we shopped!  I got Jack a cap, 2 pairs of shoes, and a sweatshirt at Children's Place and would you believe I paid a total of $7.00!!!  WOO-HOO!!  I found some awesome deals!!  :-)




We left there and headed towards Longview.  We made a quick stop at Marshall Pottery.  Mallory immediately fell in love with the Nativity that was made entirely from clay pots!  It was truly gorgeous!  Each piece was hand painted with such incredible detail.  And nothing was left out - the 3 wisemen, the shepherds, the sheep, a huge camel, Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, an angel, and the donkey were all beautifully depicted.  Here are some pics...  I took these with the camera on my phone so the quality is really lacking!  :-(














It was a really fun day!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails