Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Easter Decorating with My Special Helper

Easter is less than four weeks away, so I decided that if I'm going to get out my Easter decorations, I better do it soon!  Mallory was eager to help me, so I let her "decorate" with a lot of my baskets and plastic eggs.  She very carefully placed the baskets on the fireplace and set each egg precisely in place.

She was so proud of her display!


This is her most favorite egg!

After her decorating was done, she had definitely worked up a thirst and NEEDED some water.  :-)  I allowed her to take a small cup of water to her room.  Within minutes, she came back and asked for more.  I gave her a little more and in just a little while, she came into the kitchen and said, "Clean-up on aisle 19!"  I seriously didn't think I heard her correctly so I asked her to repeat herself. "Clean-up on aisle 19!"  Yep, I heard right!  My little angel had spilled her water and had come to report it.  She cracks me up!!  I quickly went to clean up the little spill.  As I got down on my hands and knees and started wiping up the water, she stood beside me and watched.  With the sweetest, most sincere little voice she said, "I'm sorry, Mommy."  My heart melted.  I knew she wasn't acting silly and didn't really mean to spill, so I was more than willing to forgive that precious little spirit.  Gosh, I love my precious baby girl.  :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails