Three Cups is based on a true story and is beautifully written by Mark St. Germain. It begins as a little boy turns 5 years old and receives 3 cups from his kitchen cupboard as a present from his parents. The cups are accompanied by an envelope of money which is the beginning of a weekly allowance for the boy. The parents use the 3 cups to help teach their child how to save, spend, and be charitable with his money. As the parents promise, the 3 cups and the money take the boy on many adventures!
Mallory was in awe at the gorgeous pictures and really related to the little boy in the story. As a five-year-old little girl, it was wonderful for her to learn the importance of saving and how to value money at such a young age. Mallory does not receive an allowance, but is given money occasionally from her grandparents and other family members. She loves taking her money to church and putting it in the offering plate. She is also very generous and uses her money to buy gifts for others. Even though she already has a giving spirit, I know it will be important for her to learn the importance of saving her money as she gets older. The three cups concept in this book is a wonderful, tangible way for children to grasp this thought process. I am confident that this book will bless you and your family for years to come! As promised, the concepts of the book will truly take you on wonderful adventures as you learn the value of saving, spending, and giving to others.
After I received this book and realized it's value and the blessing it had been to me, I contacted Mr. Tony Townsley, the inspiration for Three Cups. I was thrilled when Mr. Townsley offered to give one of my readers their very own copy!!!!
You can buy this book here for $10 (plus tax and shipping).
Three Cups Giveaway!!
Mandatory entry: Fill out this FORM and tell me what special child in your life will receive this book if you win.
Extra entries: Fill out this FORM separately for each extra entry.
- Become a public follower of Burkett Blessings via Google Friends Connect (located on the right side of my blog) - let me know you are a follower in the entry section of the form. If you're already a follower, just fill out the form and tell me you are.
- Subscribe to Burkett Blessings via email - enter your email address in the subscribe area on the right side of my blog. Then, fill out the form and let me know that you became a subscriber. Check your email and make sure you confirm your subscription. If you're already a subscriber, just fill out the form and tell me you are.
- Blog about this giveaway on your own blog and link back to this post. Fill out the form 3 times and leave your blog address in the entry section. (3 extra entries!!!)
- Grab my button (on the right side) for your blog! Fill out the form 2 times and leave your blog address in the entry section. (2 extra entries!!!)
- Go to 3cupsbook.com and play the video. Fill out the form 3 times with the answer to this question: What is as easy as 1, 2, 3??? (3 extra entries!!!)
The giveaway will end Tuesday, March 23rd at midnight CST. A winner will be chosen via random.org and will be notified through email as well as announced on this blog. The winner will have 24 hours to respond to my email or another winner will be chosen.
Many thanks to Mr. Tony Townsley for offering this incredible giveaway!!
**I did not receive any monetary compensation for my review of this book. I won a copy of the book in a giveaway and chose to do this review. The opinions expressed are my own and have not been influenced in any way.**