Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hooray for Spring!

I don't know about you, but I am READY for SPRING!!!!  The beautiful flowers and sunny weather just make me want to get out and enjoy God's amazing creation.  I love to hear the birds singing and watch all the trees and flowers start to bud out.  It's incredible to me how everything becomes new and alive again.  Spring is such a refreshing time of year!  And, the Bible says in Psalm 8 that God is more mindful of us than all of his creation.  It is US that He crowned with glory and honor.  Read what the psalmist says...

"3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, 4 what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? 5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. 6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: 7 all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, 8 the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. 9 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!"

Unbelievable.... we are all so blessed!

Today was beautiful so we decided to go to our local plant farm.  Mallory couldn't wait to ride in the wagon!  She looks forward to our plant farm visits every year so she can ride in the wagon and play among the gorgeous plants and flowers.

Jack enjoyed his first wagon ride!!!  And, big sister Mallory loved "holding" her baby brother!

Of course they wanted Papa to pull their wagon!  :-)

They rode for quite awhile then Mallory decided it was time to check out the flowers.

Jack checking out his ride!

Taking it all in.  He's getting so big.  :-(

It's easy to see how much Jack enjoyed the day!

After getting home, I worked on my entry way for a little while.  I never have had much of a "spring" look, so here's what I came up with.  The wreath is extra special to me because I made it for my Nanny several years ago.  She proudly displayed everything I ever made her. 



I put a floral bow around the neck of my giant chocolate bunny.  I got her in Fredericksburg several years ago.  She has a permanent place in my kitchen, but I thought I'd put her beside the front door this year for a change.  I got my shabby chic church birdhouse at Canton last year.  I propped it up in some greenery on my plant stand.

My wreath has a tiny little birdhouse and bird which compliments the larger birdhouse on the stand.

And I love all things monogrammed, so when I found this rug in Dallas, I just HAD to bring it home!!!

I found this big fern yesterday and decided to hang it above the concrete bench by the tree in the front yard.

My sweet Mallory

So are you ready for spring?!?!?  I hope you are inspired to go outside and enjoy God's beautiful creation!!!

By the way, Burkett Blessings has been super-blessed lately!  I have been given the opportunity to review many new products by several different companies and I also have another giveaway in the works!!!  So, be prepared to be blessed by the great reviews I have coming up!  Don't forget to enter the Three Cups children's book giveaway!  It ends on Tuesday!

Oh, and do you like the music on my blog?  I added it hoping to create a quiet, restful place where you'd enjoy coming often.  Sometimes I think music on blogs takes away from the content and is sometimes even distracting.  Let me know what ya think!  :-)

HAPPY SPRING!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails